7.22.2010

Words about Greenside Skatepark From Tony Long


"The guys running the new Greenside Skatepark down in Middletown RI. Are
having a trial BMX night on August 3 from 6-9 pm. I guess they are going
to decide how much (if any) bmx sessions they are going to have per
week by how many people turnout for this session.We need to round up the troops and show up in force so they know it's worth it for them not deny us bikers. Spread the word thanks TL."


And some from me. I know it's a beautiful summer day in New England right now but if you can make it out to this, do it. Maybe Southern New England will have a good meeting spot for the winter. I know we have the Taunton park, but I'm thinking more along the lines of Skater's Island Tuesday nights circa 2003. I had some good times then! This place is even in Middletown!

2 comments:

brianp said...

do it. last fall, Kona started with just one day for bikes. then it became two, then three and now it's five. pretty sure it's going to be every day by next spring. besides, that bowl looks too sick to pass up.

Anonymous said...

The question is, are they going to allow bikes to ride the bowl. Rumor has it that they aren't.